Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 16: Grateful for washer and dryer

During this month of Gratefullness not only am I grateful for the obvious things. I have tried to look around and be grateful for things that we every day take for granted. Growing up my mom didn't always have a washer and dryer. That meant trips to the laundermat and sometimes bringing wet clothes home in the summer and hanging them on the line. Having 5 children only complicated the task more. There were alot of clothes, not to mention she had to drag us along with her. But she always managed to keep us in clean clothes. Sometimes when I am doing laundry I think about her. The day she got her brand new washer and dryer which by the way was only a couple of years ago I cried for her. She so deserved it. I am grateful to be able to walk down my basement stairs and do laundry in the comfort of my own home.

1 comment: